Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday's Caffeine-less Rambling Thoughts

Solid week for the job search. I really think some of the contacts I've made in the past week or so are really going to help. Everyone I've been talking to is a friend of a friend or on a flag-football team or some other random relationship, but this is how the world works. You don't get jobs because you are awesome, you get jobs because other people think you are awesome, and if people are referring you to others, the others likely assume you must be some sort of big deal that needs their very valuable help. People like love giving advice, and I love hearing everyone's advice, so it's a win-win situation for everyone. 

I've been applying for a bunch of jobs in the Social Media sector of marketing recently. This is where I have sort of led my focus to, and I think it will work out. This site is averaging over 1,000 hits a week, so I must have some sort of ability to use the interwebs to make people follow a story. Take notes employers, and thank you to everyone who keeps coming back. 

I have put in a ton of time the past couple weeks. I have a resume with a design from the future, a stop motion video (gracias a Matthew Flynn y Will Pearce por la ayuda), and tens of thousands of hopefully cleverly and interestingly written words. I still don't have a job though. Progress is great!!!

Thoughts from the 3rd Floor of the Library
Just a few random things that have entered my brain recently.
Who doesn't like a cute dog on a Friday?
  1. How is Nickelback famous?
  2. Who ever described Nickelback as the Beatles of Canada?
  3. How is Nic Cage famous?
  4. Why do I love Nic Cage movies?
  5. Is Nic Cage the lead singer of Nickelback?
  6. Why do fraternity children wear tall black socks? I thought skaters did...
  7. Irony versus Coincidence: Used to confuse me.
  8. Who owns Boo, the world's cutest dog?
  9. Semicolon - puncuation used to to separate two independent clauses without a coordinating conjunction, often overused by Bubba Atkinson.
  10. I need to lay off the caffeine this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment