Friday, January 6, 2012

Did you know the Barenaked Ladies "One Week" spent one week at #1?


So one week in the books. I can't stay for long today because I have to go to a band practice shortly, then work immediately after, then play a gig after that. It has never been a dream of mine to play musical masterpieces such as "Wonderwall" and "Wagon Wheel" for sloppy drunken 19 year old girls at the Silver Dollar, but I do enjoy playing music...especially when I receive money for it. Hey, it's a capitalist world, no?

I completed my profiles at Viacom and Time Warner today. The analyst positions there seem like I am tailor made for them. Combining marketing research, my love for Microsoft Excel, and the entertainment industry, I do not know if there is a better fit for me. I have an EXTREMELY analytical mind and I pay crazy attention to detail, but I like to think I am very creative as well. If I could just get my hands on one of these positions, I would never let it go, much unlike Jack and Rose in Titanic.

This week was pretty solid. Obviously I have a ton to learn and a plethora of people to talk to about this process, but it is nice looking back over the past few days knowing that I've gotten something done. The willingness of people to help is really encouraging as well. Sometimes, I have felt very...'blerg,' just feeling frustrated, annoyed, and confused, but at least I can tell myself I'm trying and not just sitting back waiting for the perfect job to come to me. Don't worry though, I fully intend on continuing my quest for winning the lottery as well. This is a non-discriminatory job search, and I consider lottery winnings a very just and sincere way of earning income. If you know me, you know how detailed my plans are for my lottery winnings. I'll leave it at that before I go into a 50,000 word detailed business plan for my post-PowerBall victory.





No comments:

Post a Comment